Misadventures  

RSS

Beck Schweitzer
(@halthorn)
Initiate
17/04/2018 11:08 am  

Did your party experience some unforeseen hardships and face an untimely end?  Did you set out valiantly only to be brought low by an unfortunately misstep or run of foul luck?  Then share your story here!  I have found that games that come to a tragic and bitter end are often the most memorable.

HEXploreIt liked
ReplyQuote
Beck Schweitzer
(@halthorn)
Initiate
17/04/2018 11:27 am  

Once upon a time a group I was playing with had just completed a few quests, one being a bounty, and wanted badly to turn in.  The nearest city was under an Invasion of Spiders however.  We were beat up from the boss fight that earned us the bounty but we figured the Spiders, being a level 1 encounter, would fall easily and we could rest at the inn after our victory.  To our dismay we forgot to consider I had just talked to group into "pumping the jam" (increasing the difficulty) and an invasion makes the encounter dangerous to boot.  So here we were, wounded, staring down a bunch of beefed up spiders with health nearing the triple digits.  What ensued was an epic 20 minute battle that resulted in our slow but sure defeat as the spiders kept our energy drained with ease, and felled us one by one.

Now we take greater caution before "pumping the jam"

ReplyQuote
Cam Stokes
(@camthevigilante)
Initiate
23/04/2018 10:43 am  

Playing with my two sons we decided to start on "easy" this time around. We lucked out and had an easily achievable quest completed on turn 2 and got back to our starting town on turn 3. We did not luck out when the dead king arrived that turn at our location! We fought bravely but were overwhelmed and utterly destroyed in record time!

We had fun getting clobbered and since the game was already set up... we just played again!

HEXploreIt liked
ReplyQuote
Share: